Areas of Expertise
- Political & Cultural Geography
- Borders and Bordering
- Geography of Film and Fiction
- Ph.D., 2005 Geography, Arizona State University
- M.A., 1999 Geography, Arizona State University
- B.A., 1989 International Studies, Graceland College
Kenneth Madsen's work focuses on attempts to limit immigration through the construction of border barriers and the impact of broader border policies on local communities through which migrants pass. Some of his research considers the role of border security and law enforcement on the Tohono O'odham Nation (Indian reservation) in Arizona. He is also interested in dynamics of indigenous-academic interactions and insights from fiction on geographic processes.