CEHV Director Piers Turner featured on leading ethics blog
In advance of the publication of a symposium on John Stuart Mill's theory of free speech -- in the journal Utilitas -- an abbreviated version of Piers Norris Turner's introduction to it has been hosted for discussion on PEA Soup, the leading ethics blog. Turner edited the symposium for Utilitas.
Cambridge Core has also made all the symposium contributions available for free here.
- Piers Norris Turner, “Updating Mill on Free Speech”
- Melina Constantine Bell, “John Stuart Mill’s Harm Principle and Free Speech: Expanding the Notion of Harm”
- Rafael Cejudo, “J. S. Mill on Artistic Freedom and Censorship”
- Christopher Macleod, “Truth, Discussion, and Free Speech in On Liberty II”
- Dale E. Miller, “The Place of “The Liberty of Thought and Discussion” in On Liberty”