How many times have we heard someone in the tech industry proclaim that their new product is “revolutionary” or “disruptive”? Radical upheaval in the ways we live and communicate is now so frequent that it doesn’t even strike us as unusual. Yet the original iPhone came out only a decade ago, in the same year that Netflix started streaming. Facebook and YouTube came into existence just a few years before that.
- Ethan Kross, Michigan, Psychology
- Amanda Lenhart, Pew Internet & American Life Project
- Moderator: Joseph Bayer, OSU, Communication
1:30-3:00pm: Session 2: Closer to Other People?
- Jessica Vitak, Maryland, Center for the Advanced Study of Communities and Information
- Patricia Greenfield, UCLA, Psychology
- Moderator: Megan Vendemia, OSU, Communication
3:30-5:00pm: Session 3: Smarter and More Productive?
- Antero Garcia, Stanford Graduate School of Education
- Kaveri Subrahmanyam, Cal State LA, Psychology
- Moderator: Steven Brown, OSU, Center for Ethics and Human Values