"Immigration: Moving Forward"
May 10-11, 2012
The second major interdisciplinary conference of the Immigration COMPAS will focus on legal rules and government policies in the U.S. concerning immigration.The conference will bring together a distinguished set of researchers addressing the main challenges and opportunities immigration poses in the modern world and how those challenges can be overcome and the opportunities realized.
The conference aims to interest not only researchers and students, but the broader community.
Keynote Address by Jose Antonio Vargas.
- David Bloomfield (Bloomfield & Kempf; Law, OSU)
- George Borjas (Kennedy School, Harvard)
- Kevin Boyle (History, OSU)
- Jeffrey Cohen (Anthropology, OSU)
- Mathew Coleman (Geography, OSU)
- Lilia Fernandez (History, OSU)
- Benjamin Johnson (American Immigration Council)
- Mark Krikorian (Center for Immigration Studies)
- Michael Neblo (Political Science, OSU)
- Randall Olsen (Economics, OSU)
- Amalia Pallares (Political Science & Latin American and Latino Studies, Illinois-Chicago)
- Lant Pritchett (Kennedy School, Harvard)
- Doris Marie Provine (School of Social Transformation,Arizona State)
- Rogers Smith (Political Science, Pennsylvania)
- Aristide Zolberg (Political Science, New School)