Sign up for the Inequality COMPAS Newsletter here.
- March 23, 2017: Inequlity COMPAS: Final Events
- February 16, 2017: Inequality COMPAS: Spring Update
- January 12, 2017: Inequality COMPAS: Spring Preview
- December 20, 2016: Inequality COMPAS: Fall Wrap-Up and Spring Preview
- October 6, 2016: Inequality COMPAS: Fall Update
- September 6, 2016: Inequality COMPAS: Fall Preview
- COMPAS Points Vol. 1: What do Ohio State students believe about economic inequality, security, and opportunity?
Kettering Issue Guide:
- Chris Uggen: "Persistence and Change in Felon Voting Restrictions"
- Piper Kerman: "Orange is the New Black: Inequality in America’s Criminal Justice System": available only to Ohio State affiliates until the end of the Spring Semetser.
- Wealth Inequality in America
- Global Wealth Inequality
- Ta Nahesi Coates, "The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration"
- ACLU's Data Page on Mass Incarceration
- Stephanos Bibos, "American's Mass Incarceration Problem"
- Chris Hedges on Bryan Stevenson, "Why Mass Incarceration Defines Us As a Society"
- Judge Jed S. Rakoff, "Mass Incarceration: The Silence of the Judges"
- 3/30-31: Spring Conference Flyer.pdf
- 3/23: Erik Olin Wright Flyer.pdf
- Spring Events Flyer
- 1/25: Kerman Event Flyer.pdf
- 10/7: Photo Contest Flyer.pdf
- 9/27: Appiah Event Flyer.pdf
- 9/22-23: Fall Conference Flyer.pdf
Fall Conference Resources:
Session 1: Why and when does inequality matter?
Moderator: Don Hubin (CEHV and Philosophy emeritus, Ohio State)
Session 2: Keynote, "Inequality: the enemy between us?"
Speakers: Richard Wilkinson (Social Epidemiology, Nottingham, emeritus)
Moderator: Michael Neblo (CEHV and Political Science, Ohio State)
Session 3: Mass Incarceration
Speakers: Townsand Price-Spratlen (Sociology and AAAS, Ohio State), Sara Wakefield (Criminal Justice, Rutgers)
Moderator: Robert Bennett, III (Office of International Affairs & Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Ohio State)
Session 4: Neighborhoods and Social Inequality
Moderator: Rachel Dwyer (Sociology, OSU)
Session 5: Health Disparities
Speakers: Paula Braveman (Family and Community Medicine, UCSF), Robert Fullilove (Public Health, Columbia)
Speaker/Moderator: William Gardner (Child Psychiatry and Epidemiology, Ottawa)